Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm. Loving. It.

Wow.
It's been a while and a half!!
I would apologize... but I think it was a good thing that I was able to have a little "blogging break". It will end up being a good thing for you all as well... I promise :) I've got some good blog posts up my sleeve!

Winterness has begun to settle itself down in our household. We've begun to pull out the good ole' books, and projects that are meant for the lazy winter days. Curling up in front of the wood stove has become routine.
Usually we would have already been out on the ice rink for a while, but weirdly enough... it hasn't been cold enough to make ice! I think this is the first time in my life that I have actually prayed for cold weather.... I wanna get me out there playing hockey!! :)

My little niece Makayla has been wonderful :) She is still the most ADORABLE baby girl ever!
 *sigh*
 I LOVE being an auntie!


Christmas has s-l-o-w-l-e-y crept up on us. Even though I've been listening to Christmas music since the middle of November... it seems to have come so fast!! I LOVE this time of the year!!!

This morning the men of our family had to do some hauling grain SUPER early this morning. They needed one more driver to bring the auger to the bin, and I got the "honors" *smile* 
It was still dark with the sun just starting to make a sliver of pink sky on the horizon as I drove. I turned the radio on and listened to Christmas music.... NOTHING like that feeling!
I always feel God so close when I get to admire His beautiful creation.


My amazing lil sis Megs decorated the house all pretty for Christmas. It is our tradition to do it on Dec. 1st (mostly because that is the soonest that we are allowed :).
Have I ever mentioned that I love Christmas time??
Wellll I do... LOTS.
I love it when we can eat supper ALL together as a family with the Christmas lights on, the big lights dimmed and Christmas music playing softly in the background.
Things just couldn't get more perfect then that!



So now that I've rattled on about all of the things that I love about this time of the year. What about you? What things are you loving right now?

3 comments:

Sharon said...

The 'mood' of Christmas is harder to conjure up in the tropics, but we are loving this time of year for all the delightful moments we have to share Jesus with those around us, including our university students. For some of the international students, this is their very first Christmas ever. I am lovin' being able to be the first one to tell them about Jesus!

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

I love packing up our kids and heading over to your place to sit and visit and laugh with some wonderful people.
I miss you all lots and lots, hope to see you tomorrow!
love Becca

Godly-young-widow said...

I just was having an "I'm loving it" moment. Preparing supper for tonight; my parents are coming over after we're done at church. Christmas music on the radio in the background, and my dog standing at my feet waiting for crumbs to fall to the floor for him to eat it. Yeah; I miss my husband; this marks the 4th Christmas since his death. But I feel really blessed right now. All my siblings live far away, but one was out for a visit just last week. My in-law family is a blessing to me too; I get to see them tomorrow. Now, back to cleaning up while my laundry is going. Merry Christmas to you and yours.