Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Surprise on a Hill

A detour in the countryside on the way home from Sunday spent together.
We drove up my favourite hill, and "on a whim" decided to visit my favourite school.
"There is someone in there." I was a little bit nervous to find out who would be visiting the same building in the dark. I commented that I smelled fire, someone had built a fire. The wires in my brain just wouldn't connect to tell me that something special was about to happen.
Until the moment the door was opened, and I saw the beautiful array of candles, I was as clueless as could be.
"Is this actually happening!?" This question ran through my mind over and over as we walked down the lit isle and stepped into the symbol of love.
I turned to face the one I love, and watched him get down on one knee.
"Will you marry me?"
"YES."



This picture basically sums up how I felt in that moment. A blur of happy. 
Ben is the man of my dreams, and he planned the surprise proposal of my dreams at my favorite place, without even knowing that it was my favourite place. 



He later told me the story of how God brought everything together. From the only ring of it's kind left at the store being the perfect size, to me walking in the door five minutes after he got home from picking it up, and many other details that enabled Ben to keep the secret. 
We were reminded that God cares about the little things. 


We also owe a LOT to Becs. She ended up freezing her tail off to make everything perfect for us, and took all of these pictures. She is the sweetest. <3




























Ya, so AHHHHH!!!
We are getting married!!

3 comments:

The Mayo Family said...

Yay!!!! We are so happy and excited for you both! It has been a blessing getting to watch your story....may God bless and be near to you both as you begin this next chapter of your lives!
Your ring is very lovely! :)
Many blessings!!
Love~
Maggie for the Mayo girls

Godly-Young-Widow said...

Wow; SO happy for you, congrats! What a beautiful story and beautiful setting!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy to see you two happy! Praying God's continued blessings and direction for you in the days ahead!