Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Looking Back (Part 2)

When I posted the last "Year in Review" post, I didn't realized that I would soon be engaged and begin the crazy fun (sometimes just crazy) season of wedding planning. So, my apologies for the delay.
I plan to post some wedding details and engagement pictures SOON, but first, as promised... the second half of my year in review.

July

July unplugged. I'll always be thankful for making the decision to put away devices and focus on building relationship with God and my family. 
We camped the entire month at Morden Lake. Little did I know that this was my last camping trip with the family as a single woman. We celebrated Canada Day, Brooke's birthday, Jaden's birthday, and I turned 26. 
During this time, Reuben and I saw a lot of each other. Football, boating, fireworks, he was there. Then there was what we now call "the dock moment". We were waiting for a boat ride, and both REALLY realized that we had feelings for each other. And of course, our first conversation was about cows. ;)
Volleyball, baseball, scavenger hunt, football, boating, swimming, food, camping with friends, movies at the outdoor theater, Tim Hortons around the campfire every night, walks to watch Josh play hockey with Becs, so many memories. That month we also came home from camping for a couple of days to build a bin. We worked hard, and we played hard.
















August

The beginning of this month began the story of growing love as I heard for the first time that the feelings that had been trying to penetrate the guard I had placed up were reciprocated.
This month I learned trust, as revealed in this blog post. I learned that God's timing is perfect. 
Ben was in my heart, and on my mind as we began the season of harvest. 
In addition to harvest, we got a new puppy, worked on the Hope Home gardens, and soaked up as much of summertime as we could.












September

I fell in love with the guy that was making jokes over the radio.
September 2, 2017. He was standing on top of the semi trailer with Josh, and I was sitting on the cab of my tractor, as we chatted about random things, I knew... I was falling fast.
The completion of harvest. Time spent with friends. Dates with the sisters.
Then, September 17th. The official beginning of Ben and Jen. We had our first date playing football, and chatting around the campfire with family.








October

Life changes. 
Falling deeper and deeper in love.
First family gathering.
Chopper and packing tractor rides. 
Hauling cattle home from pasture.
Going to auction sales.
Doing fall work. (i.e. bringing wood home and preparing for winter).
Beginning girl's night. (aka, hockey for Ben and the guys)



















November


Family trip month.
Also the month that I learned the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." is actually true. It was tough to be apart from my man, but it was also a great final trip with the family!
Ker and Josiah started communicating during our trip as well. But, I won't say anymore, because it is their story to tell!
Here are a few favourite pictures from the trip!

















































December

Surprise skate around the slough. 
Time keeper at a hockey game while watching Ben play.
Christmas gatherings.
Dates.
Bowling with the bro.
Learning that man makes the best steak EVER.
Tagging 90 cows.
Christmas baking.
Our first Christmas together.
Double dates with the parents.
The beginning of calving season.























And that is the year! 
2017 was amazing, but I am REALLY looking forward to all that this year has to bring! I have a feeling it is going too be my favourite. :)

No comments: