Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Ceremony - {Wedding Series Part 6}


The Ceremony.
As our family and friends made their way to their seats, Ben, myself, and our bridal party were getting lined up behind the trees in the backyard of our soon-to-be home.




Then... the processional began.








Mikey had been a little bit shy about walking up an isle with so many people watching, so about a month before the wedding, Ben started giving him a piece of gum every time he saw him. While doing so we told him over and over that he was going to be superman and carry the rings to Uncle Raymond, then he would get a piece of gum. He did an amazing job. :)


So did these sweet little girls! <3



Finally it was time. My Daddy kept me laughing all the way up the isle, so the nerves didn't have a chance to sneak in. ;)











Becca and her sisters created this amazing backdrop for me. It was so perfect!
Mom and Brooke spent a lot of time hemming the strips of sheets that were used for bale covers and the backdrop. It really was, the set up of my dreams!





I spent a good 24+ hours building and painting these signs. It was really great learning experience, because every new sign spoke of a different aspect of love. So I meditated a lot on what the bible says that love really means.


My ring, slid on without a hitch. Ben's... well let's just say that we got some very good advice from Pastor Weldon. He told us not to try to hard to get the ring on, because it causes a scene, and it is much easier for Ben to slip it on himself discretely later. I think by the time we got to the signing, he was finally able to get it on. :)



Our Vows:
Today I choose you Reuben/Jennifer to be my husband/wife.
I take you to be my soul mate, my best friend, my faithful partner, my one true love.
I promise to choose you everyday, loving you truly as you are, and who you are yet to become, through the good times, and the bad. 
To challenge you to be a better person, and allow you to do the same for me.
I will forever be there to encourage you, and inspire you. 
To laugh with you, and to lift you up when you are down.
To speak when words are needed, and to share silence when they are not. 
I vow to honour you, respect you, support/protect you, cherish you, and love you unconditionally and above all others; through all the years, and all that life may bring us.
With these words, and all the words of my heart, I marry you and bind my life to your's.


Our first kiss. 
Most definitely worth the wait.



I think I was just a little bit excited. :)




Kerri and Josiah sang the song "Take My Hand" accompanied by my sweet friend Shayla on the violin and Raymond on the guitar. They all did such an amazing job!!


The branding.
Such a great idea, but the wood didn't burn very well because it wasn't straight enough. But we ended up doing it again later that evening around the campfire on a piece that had been straightened out better, and it worked perfectly!



One of my most favourite things that was said at the wedding, and coincidentally nearly made me cry... (mostly because my mother was bawling :), was the final thing that was said before pronouncing us as Mr. and Mrs. Reuben and Jennifer Penner.

Reuben, for 26 years Jennifer's parents have had the responsibility of being the custodian of her life; to keep her safe and secure in her spirit, soul, and body.
Today before God I now transfer that responsibility to you.
Before God, you will now give an account for how you fulfill this privilege and responsibility. 
May God help you fulfill this privilege and responsibility.


Finally... husband and wife. <3



1 comment:

Tanya said...

So adorable! Love the signs.
Praying for a blessed marriage for you two!