Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dream list #70

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:13

13.1 miles. 
I seriously doubted that I'd ever be able to do it.... but I did!

I did a 10 week training schedule.
When I came up to week 5, I got to mile 10 and decided to push myself and run the extra 3.1 miles..... and be done instead of going on for 5 more weeks.
I had been trying to do this for so long but it seemed like there were so many things that came up, trying to stop me from this goal. I was sick for a week in the middle of training so I had to start over. And during harvest there was simply not enough time to get the amount of miles in that I needed, so I had to start over then as well.
It didn't help that every time I had to stop, I would procrastinate in getting started again.
But I did it, and it is DONE!!

Was it worth it??
YES! There is something special about setting a goal for yourself and then meeting that goal. It is a feeling that can't be described and one that everyone should experience!


Was if fun??
Every time I would get near the middle of a run I would wonder why on EARTH I was doing this, And I would complain to myself the entire way. But as soon as I was done, I would say to myself "That wasn't so bad! I can't wait to do it again!" 
So it was fun.... afterwards.
(Ya... I know I'm weird :)


Will I do it again??
I may in the future. Right now we are working on flooding our rink, and I can't see myself playing hockey AND running AND finding enough hours in the day to do everything else that needs to be done in one day. But once hockey season is done, I hope to get back into running again.

As I told you before that there is a story behind all of these miles. And I believe that I'm about ready to start telling you all that story.
Not just for entertainment sake, but rather in the hopes that God will use it to make an impact in someone else's life.
So be watching for upcoming posts!



4 comments:

kaitlin said...

Ooo intrigued. :) And congratulations. I know what it's like to push oneself beyond the possible. It's a great feeling. :P

Emma Vogelsang said...

Wow, that is amazing!

Merry Christmas,
Emma
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Congratulations on completing your goal!! I've been reading ylot blog off and on for a while. You are an encouragement to me. I've been looking for a program to help me in setting and meeting running goals and was wondering if you could share what you used. Thanks and God bless you!
-Bethany

Breathe Deep said...

Bethany:
When I decided to run 13.1 miles, I just googled half-marathon training schedules and picked the one that I thought would work the best for me. I have a link to it on this post (right at the beginning). Other then that.... I just winged it :)
Thanks for your comment and kind words!
Jennifer