Thursday, March 9, 2017

Dream List #61

This post is from my other blog "Awakening My Heart", I am re-posting because it tells the story of Dream List number sixty-one. 



On the heels of an adventure, I have lots to write about. This particular excursion was different than any that I have taken before. First it involved only four people, (which is about one fourth the people that I am used to traveling with). Second, we flew to our destination (which was a first for me!). Thirdly, I did not bring my camera, or post any blog posts telling about our trip (which was, I must admit... slightly freeing). Finally, it was a BUSY trip (which was albeit different, very awesome. :).
If you want to see pictures from the trip, I posted a few on instagram (@niferrose).

Lets start at the beginning, shall we?
I have flown on a small aircraft before, but never a jet. I was slightly nervous, only because I was afraid of being that person who needed the barf bag. Mostly, I was excited. I was excited to leave the world behind, rise above the clouds, and see creation from a different perspective.

I didn't have a window seat that first flight, but I was close enough to watch as we rose through layer upon layer of clouds. Once we completed our ascent, (which was accelerating and fascinating I might add... it takes little to entertain me ;) I put in my headphones and turned on my current favourite song "What a Beautiful Name" by Hillsong Worship. I glanced out the window, straining to see the earth beneath as the clouds gave way to patches of clear sky. When the words
"You have no rival. You have no equal. Now and forever God you reign. Your's is the kingdom. Your's is the glory. Your's is the name above all names."
sounded through my headphones, I understood more clearly than I ever have before.
From this new perspective that I was experiencing, my problems seemed smaller, my God seemed bigger, and my worries seemed less significant.
With thousands of miles whizzing by underneath, tears began rolling down my cheeks (the flight attendants were probably wondering what on earth happened to the poor girl sitting on row 17 :), as a feeling of peace swept over me.
The greatness of God, who made the sea, the earth, and all that in them is, became more real to me in that moment.

I found safety and comfort in the words "You have no rival. You have no equal. You reign.", because I could see it in the billowing clouds. The unmatched majesty.

So, my first flight was good. :)
The second flight I got a window seat (yay!), and left some forehead grease on it because I had my nose to the window most of the time. We were also behind the wing, which I liked better because I could see, not just feel, the direction we were turning. And found it humorous (like I said, it takes little to entertain me!) when the wings shook through turbulence. We had to fly around a storm also, which was cool. Them storm clouds. Wow.

So ya, two thumbs up for flying!

No comments: