Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Of Babysitting 8 kids...Alone

Hey all! I've decided to ditch "Memories Monday" for this week because things have just been CRAZY around here and I have NOT had the time to go through and scan all the pictures that I'm going to need.

Sunday was Megan's birthday. Mom and Dad decided to take Megan and Ker to see the movie "Courageous" in theatres (since Meg had been CRAVING to see the movie since she first heard that it was going to be out!!) and then they stayed overnight (it was a 2 hour drive) so they could pick some stuff up in the morning.
 So after church I took all the kids home.... and the fun began :)
WE HAD A BLAST!!!!
There were those crazy moments, like when there were 2 kids that needed to be changed, and all the other's waiting for breakfast all at the same time.... or when one kid (who will remain nameless) threw a tomato at another kid (who will also remain nameless). 
But there were more fun moments! We had a pj party right after supper until bedtime (which included VEGGIE TALES!!! :), we had a fly killing contest, I watched the duggars with Caleb in the evening.... oh oodles of fun :)
It definitely got lonely at times.... I'm pretty much used to having someone (an older someone :) to talk to all of the time (If anyone knows me... they know I like to talk!!!). But it was a really good experience :)

Here are some pictures that I took during our "pj party", they are not very good.... but my photographer was gone, so these'll have to do! :)



4 comments:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

Looks like you and the kids had a wonderful time, they and we are very blessed to have you around, you are wonderful sister!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I bet ya'll had so much fun:)


Love you, Liz

Anonymous said...

Watched the Duggars? Wow; awesome! I hope they come to Manitoba someday....Your posts are an inspiration.

Sharon said...

What a special night with sibling friends. The pictures are great too. :)