Monday, August 21, 2017

The Solar Eclipse and a New Puppy

I was totally bummed this morning. I had been looking forward to watching the solar eclipse for a couple of days, but alas, it was rainy and cloudy.
Little did I know that we were going to be able to not only get a glimpse of the eclipse through the clouds, but also take a good picture of it, because those same clouds I was bummed about was shading the sun just enough to get a good view and a good picture.

We did not get to totality here in Manitoba, I think it was somewhere around 70%, but it was cool anyway.
I am so thankful that God gives us these beautiful acts of nature to enjoy.


In other news... we got a new puppy!
Our good old farm dog is getting, well... old, so we decided to get a pup so Teddy could help her learn how to be good before she passes on.
So far Teddy has been quite grumpy about the new kid on the block, but hopefully she will warm up to her soon.
No name yet! We are looking for something unique, so if you have any suggestions, comment away. :)





There is no shortage of lovin'.





Currently the combines are rumbling, and the guys are out checking on a field to see if we can begin harvest. I am just waiting for the call, and then... to the grain cart! :)
Let harvest begin!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Hi Jen,

I'm a first time commenter here, but have kinda followed your family's blogs since becoming good friends with the Munck family a few years ago...

Anyway on the dog name, I've been reading through Chronicles lately and "Jaziz" was the keeper of King David's flocks.

According to google, the name is pronounced "jaw-zeez" and means 'God will make prominent or abundant.' Not quite sure if I can picture hollering that off the back porch to get the dog to come or not, but you asked for "unique" right??

Blessings for harvest!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the suggestion Matthew!
That is a very unique name!