Sunday, September 11, 2011

Did ya miss me???

Wellll.... if you DID, then I have some EXCITING news!!!!
WE ARE DONE HARVEST!!!!!!!!!!
Well, unofficially that is. We still have a few potholes to do yet. But the bulk of the work is done.... and the pressure is OFF! I'll be back to blogging more again!



Here are some random memories that I have of my first harvest as a "grain cart driver".
  • Spending one on one time with the kids.
  • Jesse telling me that there is NO WAY that I was allowed to get married, cause I'm just to valuable of an asset on the field. And if I did happen to get married, then I couldn't move far away, and I'd have to come back and help with harvest EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!
  • No air conditioning.... no wind.... +30 degrees..... HOT!
  • Reading books to the kids while we were waiting for the combines to get full
  • Constantly trying to figure out which direction I could get the most breeze and the least dust
  • Nate using turkey feathers to drum to the music (blaring music I might add!) while we were driving to the field
  • Getting "lost" in the field after dark
  • Completing 1/2 of our entire harvest in 5 straight days
  • Learning how to shift gears, up and down, on the go
  • Driving with a 38,000 pound load, tis hard to get going without stalling :)
  • Talking with Jes in an English accent, we were almost done.... we were just a tad happy :)
  • Playing tag around the tractor 
  • Sweat + Chaff = ITCHY!
  • Finishing 3 small fields in one LONG day (it's a good feeling I must say!)
  • Finishing for the day at 1:00am and then starting again at 8:00am the next day
  • Learning something new EVERY day
Ya, so that about sums it up!

Oh, and since I wasn't able to do this yesterday, I wanted to say......

HAPPY 23rd ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!!!
I pray that God blesses you with 23 more years together!!! (at least :) I LOVE YOU!!!

Mom and Dad's wedding day... 23 years ago




1 comment:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

So proud of you girl, you did a great job and without you... well lets just say I'm glad that you were around cause I don't like driving that tractor. :) It's going to be nice to have you at home more!