Sunday, November 25, 2012

(Installment 3) Dear Mom and Dad,

Well, it's after the third day, so I imagine that you are beginning to miss us! :) I know that all of us are missing you LOTS!

It was not nearly as stressful as I thought it would be to get the kiddoes ready for church without you. But it sure was more busy! (makes us appreciate you more :)
As you already know, we got to church and back safely and we were on time! :) The kids were really good in church!
Henry did an excellent job driving our huge contraption, although at one point I overheard him say that he felt like he was driving in a bowl of jello :) (did I get that right Henry??? :)

When we got home we ate lunch and afterwards Megan, Ker and I did some jammin'. Funny moments began when Meg got to playing the national anthem.... and Ker got to singing it, really high.... and REALLY loud (pictures below :)
We began watching the movie "Monumental". What we watched was REALLY good! We had to stop as the Grey Cup game was starting.
It was sad watching football without you pops. I kept imagining what you would say here our what your reaction would be there. But.... I survived :)
Henry and Megan left at half time. They brought Joey and Mikaya home with them. It was SO sad saying "goodbye" to them, but we know that they'll have fun with Henry and Megan!
Ker and I sat down to finish watching the game.... but got to talking, and ended up not really paying attention to it, we had a 2 hr. heart to heart instead :) My team was loosing BAD anyhow (as you know!)... so I didn't miss much!

We are going to be doing school tomorrow, so I better get to bed.
Once again, I'll end with the kids notes.
LOVE you and MISS you!!!!!
Jennifer

Caleb says:
I love you and miss you! Have a great rest of the trip!

Zachary says:
Henry and Megan took us to church today, then we ate pizza for lunch. We watched a little bit of football, and then we watched a little bit of a video. Are you having a good trip? I miss you and I hope that you come home soon!

Jesse says:
Yes we did play in the drifts yesterday. Mikaya and Josiah are gone. Henry and Megan drove us to church, then we went straight back home and ate pizza for lunch. We had popcorn for supper. Are you having fun? I hope you are!

Nathan says:
Hope you come home soon. Today we had a lot of fun.  Hope you have a safe trip! Make sure you have your wallets. I don't know how many eggs we got today because someone lost the chart. I hope you are having fun! I love you!

Brooke says:
I played outside today. Megan and Henry brought us to church. I hope you have fun! We had fun too!

Mikaya says:
I'm going to Henry and Megan's now until you are coming home. I love you and I'll never forget about you. Goodnight and have a good day.

Joey says:
We played outside. We go outside. We eat cake (we didn't eat cake!!!????). I love mom and daddy. We played with cars.

Jaden says:
I have popcorn. Mommy daddy safe.










2 comments:

The Pauls' Family said...

Dear family,

Once again your update made me smile...sometimes laugh!!

Our day was very nice. We went to a church service this morning and found ourselves wishing you were with us. It was very good! We are glad you made it to church and back safely. I'm sure our van would feel quite different than Henry's little car :)

Ok, that pizza looks really, really yummy :) I'm surprised I am not tired of restaurant food yet. We have had enough of a variety and have been able to hit some buffets...that way I can have salad....and as you know, then I am happy :)

The pansies are blooming here and I think I even saw a rose bush in full bloom last night when we went for supper (it was dark)! So pretty here. Hard to believe that it is so cold at home!!!

Ker, I can just "hear" you singing the anthem....really high!!!!

Sorry about your team losing Jen! But glad you and Kerri were able to have a "heart to heart" ;) That will be worth more than a game in the end anyway!!!

It's sweetness to my ears to hear how you were sad to see Mikaya and Joey go. I love the love of our family :) Keep in touch with them and make sure Megan doesn't go crazy!!!!!

Can't believe you are going to do school!!! Go girls!!!!!

We love you and miss you lots too!

Caleb:
Sounds like your day went well! How are all the chickens doing? Have you been flying your helicopter? Today we will see the Muncks!! Love you and miss you too!

Zachary:
Sounds like a wonderful Sunday. Can't believe that you didn't eat sundays today though! What's with that???? We are having a really good trip. It's actually warm here!!!

Jesse:
Did you have to shovel off the cement? I'm sure you'll miss Mikaya and Joey! Popcorn for supper sounds delicious. I had popcorn for a nighttime snack, but it was microwave popcorn so it didn't compare to ours :) We are having a great time. We hardly did any driving today so that was nice. We saw a few John Deere dealerships on the way down and it made me think of you.

Nathan:
Glad you had a fun day! You have such nice sisters and brothers :) Have you been able to follow us on your map? You sure are taking care of us :) we won't forget our wallets....i hope:) Sorry about that chicken chart! Who got the most eggs last week? We haven't seen any chickens down here yet!

Brooke:
Do you miss Mikaya? Is it cold outside? We don't even need coats here :) And there are flowers blooming!!!

Mikaya:
I hope you are having a real good time at Henry and Megan's. You be a good girl OK and take care of your little brother :) He is so blessed to have you as his big sister! We are missing your kisses! I'm sure you will have lots stored up by the time we get home!!!

Joey:
DId you eat cake or didn't you???? Are you having fun at Henry and Megan's? You be a good boy..K?

Jaden:
You had POPCORN!!!! YUMMY!!!! Mommy and Daddy are safe :)

Love you all and remember Who is in charge!

kaitlin said...

We eat cake. LOL. XD

This is so adorable. Haha. I love how just from the short little messages, you can tell how different the personalities of each child are. :P Dramatic Mikaya and responsible Nathan? It's so awesome and funny. :)