Wednesday, November 28, 2012

(Installment 6) Dear Mom and Dad,

I woke up this morning to the words "The calf is born!".... you should have seen me jump out of bed :)

We did school, and spent the rest of the day working with the calf, chasing cows, making bread and cleaning the house. The kids spent a lot of the day outside. They seemed to have extra bundles of energy today.....

Most of the cows and calves are now hoarse.... so it's not so bad. They didn't keep me awake last night because honestly.... it was music to my ears! It meant that they were all in the right spots!

We just finished supper as I'm writing this. Ker is now playing the piano, Jaden is sleeping (missed his nap!), Elijah is jabbering and the boys (and Brooke! :) are outside..... AGAIN! You know how they love being out there in the dark :)

Dad, last night I dreamt that I shot that ornery fox, we both went to get him together, but I ended up getting him from far away, with a gun that was broken. You were pretty impressed! :)

The calf is doing really good. He is sucking on his own and is already trying to run :) This was the one thing that I was worried about doing on my own while you were gone.... mostly because of the weather. I'm glad that it is now over with!

I shed a tear when Aunt Laura sent us the picture of you two. We were so happy to see your faces! We now have it as our desktop picture :)

I sadly once again didn't take very many pictures. Only ones with the calf, my newly cut bangs and chicken pie (which was REALLY good by the way!)

Love you SOOOOOOO much, and I'm missing you even MORE!!!!
Love Jenny


Caleb says:
It sorta did, sorta didn't take long to separate the cows. And yes, they are bawling a lot. Today the cows got out from the pasture area because they were hungry. Love you lots!!

Zachary says:
We had a good day today. The hydrant is not working. No, I haven't made any lego inventions yet. Did you give James his gift yet? This morning we did school and then we went outside, came in, and ate lunch. After lunch we went outside again, came back in and watched a video. We went back outside and saw that the cows were out. We came back inside and read some books. I hope you are having a great trip! xoxoxoxo Love Zach

Jesse says:
I'm having my treat after supper. Yes, it is cold. Yup, the waterer is doing ok.
Today I did all my school except spectrum. We went outside lots today. We played in the drifts and played with our hut. xoxoxo Love Jesse

Nathan says:
Yes, most of the eggs are coming from the inside chickens and they are mostly brown. We got 5 dozen in 2 days! We got 21 eggs today. Don't sleep in to long! I hope you are having the best time in the world! We are having the best time. xoxoxoxox Love Nate

Brooke says:
Jaden is doing good on the potty! I miss Mikaya and I bet you miss me and Mikaya! We played in the hut today. We had lots of fun! We went outside 3 times! We read books and we had fun inside. Did you have fun today? I hope you did! We are having chicken pie for supper. I wonder what you are having for supper.... what did you have for lunch? I hope you have a good night! I love you! xoxoxoxo Love Brooke


Jaden says:
I wanna have soup. We had some buns. Elijah have his soother. I love you!


(From the house of Henry and Megan)
 Questions mom asked are in bold:

Mikaya says:
(Does it seem quiet at Henry and Megan's?) Ah, yup!
I have 3 kisses saved up. I am glad you are coming home soon. We played blocks and got suckers and got to cut all shapes and stuff with paper. I am taking care of Joey. I hope you are having a fun day! Sometimes we got to watch videos. Megan took a few pictures of me. We got some cereal and muffins for breakfast and we got to go shopping the other day.

Josiah says:
(Have you seen tractors?) Ahhuh (Have you been looking out the window?) Mmhum (Did you see Josh hauling grain?) No







Yes, yes I know..... the barn door is VERY dirty, it's the cows' fault!!!!! I forgot about it when I took the picture :)



1 comment:

The Pauls' Family said...

Wow family, sorry it took me so long to respond...we got "busy" ;)

I am so glad the new calf is born and you can relax about that now Jen. And I think you are right...he is one of the cutest calves ever!!!

And your hair is really pretty Jen....you look so different!!!

I am happy the cows are running out of "voice" that means it will be quiet by the time we get home!!

That's quite the dream! I wish it was reality...not necessarily all of it...but the part where you actually shot that ornery fox!!!!

It is a very pretty day here, the sun is shining and the weather is "warm"!!! And right now I hear a lawn mower!!!!

Uncle Arthur and Aunt Laura are spoiling us!!!

Caleb:
Was it hard to get the cows back in? Love you too!

Zachary:
Too bad the hydrant didn't stay working! I gave James his gift yesterday. He made it right away and has added it to their lego "city"! Sounds like you had another eventful day! Love you :)

Jesse:
I can't imagine cold right now! When we wake up there is frost on the ground but during the day it gets so warm you don't need a coat! Love you :)

Nathan:
Glad those chickens are doing what they are supposed to!!! Keep up the good work! Love you!

Brooke:
Yeah for Jaden! Have you been helping him lots? I miss you and Mikaya...that's for sure! Chicken pie sounds yummy!! Elizabeth has been making some pretty yummy meal here too :) Mary Anne let me hold her for the first time today..she was pretty shy with me until now! Yesterday we had a club house sandwich for lunch...it was very tasty!!! Love you:)

Jaden:
Soup sounds wonderful!!! Buns too!!! I am glad Eli can have his soother. I liked your song...can you sing me another one! Love you!

Mikaya:
Glad you are helping and can't wait for those kisses! Are you glad to be home? Love you!

Josiah:
You always have been a man of little words! Love you!

Love to you all! I am going to go crochet with Aunt Laura now....we don't have much time left together so we have to use every moment!!!
Thanks for the update!!!

And remember Who's in charge :)

LOVE MOM