Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Is it a GOAL or a DREAM?



I was reading a book the other day, a book about daughters and how we can serve our daddy's in preperation for marrage.

And I came across the question... is your desire to be married your DREAM? Or has it become your GOAL in life?

A GOAL is something that you would give your life for. Something that you could not go without, nor could be content without doing.

A DREAM is something that can change. Something that you think about alot and work towards, but also something that can easily be changed if the circumstances alter.
DREAMS are something that can be accomlished, but not something that you can't live without.

My GOAL should come first, and my DREAM second.

My GOAL should be what I think about first thing in the morning and something that I'm constantly and consistantly working towards.
My DREAM something that I should strive to become, but at the same time not letting it be my constant drive.

So I asked myself. Is MY desire to one day be married, and have a family still my DREAM or has it become my GOAL.
And... if it is indeed my DREAM then what should my GOAL be?
What has the LORD said that my life GOALS should be?

Obviously as a Christian my ultimate GOAL should be to glorify God and live for Him.
My GOAL should be to seek out His will for my life, and I need to strive to do that with all my heart, mind and soul...
even if that means giving up my DREAMS and changing them, to fit it into what God has planned for my life.


Phillipians 3 : 12-16
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

3 comments:

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Wonderful post!! Very well written.
I have been reading "Joyfully at Home" by Jasmine Baucham and she wrote a lot on that particular subject.
What book are you reading?

Have a wonderful day!

McKenzie~

Anonymous said...

I've never thought about it that way before! I love the way that you write down your thoughts. You're so good at it!
Love, Janae

Jenny's writings said...

McKenzie~
I've heard of the book "Joyfully at Home" and have been wanting to read it.
The book I'm reading now is called "The Family Daughter" by Sarah L. Bryant. I'm only a couple chapters into it... but so far it has been good!

Thanks for your comment! :)