Monday, November 18, 2013

The Pauls Family Trip ~ Day 16 (November 17)

Note: I wrote this last night... but it didn't publish. Instead of making changes... I thought I'd just let y'all know :)

It was decided this Sunday morning that we would travel on 4 or 5 hours closer to home, then spend another afternoon/evening at another campground.

Before we left the RV Park, we stopped to visit the buffalo that were penned up at the campground.






As we drove the land changed. 
We were finally able to see farther then the trees or hills that had previously almost always been beside the interstate or highway we were driving along. 
I fell in love with the rolling hills of Oklahoma, then later the flat plains of Kansas.
The farther north we travel, the more it feels like home. 


As we were driving we learned that my Great Grandma passed away. 
I didn't know her real well, but I was sad for those who are affected by the loss. 
My sweet Grandma who lost her mother. And my own mom who has lost her Grandma.



We drove on and on, making a stop once for groceries before arriving at KOA Kampground in Salina, Kansas.

We did some relaxing before the evening routine of making supper and getting kiddoes to bed. 
Right now the RV is silent except for the sound of little children's heavy breathing as they sleep.

As I sit here in the quiet I hear the call of home and the people that I love. 
The call that is becoming louder and louder in my heart as the days go by. 
We are all still having a great time, but we are also missing everything that is so familiar to us.

I'll leave you with pictures of the sweet face that is becoming regular on my blog.... 
but who can resist a face like this eh?!?






'night all!

2 comments:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

What a cutie!! Miss you Eli!! Kayla says, look Mommy it's Eli!! Where did Eli go? :) I think she misses him too, I can't wait to see what she does when you get home, I'm sure he might have to brace himself for her hug! :)

Godly-young-widow said...

My condolences on your great-grandma. Was she the one in the 5-generation photo I once saw on your mom's blog? Wow; what a blessing to have a 5-generation family; in my families there's never been more than 4, and even that was rare. I had one great-grandma when I was born and she died before I was old enough to remember her. My last-living grandma lived to see 3 great-grandkids and they were all very young when she died; only one has vague memories of her. May her legacy leave you all very blessed