Saturday, November 5, 2016

Not in Kansas anymore!

Day 3
We left Saline, Kansas at around 8:30 a.m. I know I say this every year we take our journey down south, but Kansas is one of my favourite states to drive through. I love the rolling hills, I want to climb every one. Then there are the windmills, the big, beautiful farm houses... ya, it's just my favorite. :) Then there is New Mexico. There I want to follow every trail and explore the deserted houses that are seen everywhere.
Anyway, we continued driving until we got close to Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was pouring rain when we found a Wal-mart to shop food and spend the night. Ker and I took a load of kiddoes into the store to let off some pent up energy. The rain continued to fall all night.







Day 4
This morning, we left Wal-mart early again.
We decided to take a different route than normal because we were hoping that the roads would be easier to travel on. What we didn't know, was that this particular road wound up and down through the Arizona mountains, and through canyons.
Though the view was AMAZING, it was a little scary to drive the 6 and 7 percent inclines. 



We stopped a couple of times to take precaution and give the brakes a chance to cool.














Here you can see the road that we would drive on...


When we came to Salt River Canyon, we stopped to take in the view. It was breathtaking. Pictures could never do justice.
































We are now in Tuscon, Arizona at our favourite southern campground.
We are planning on staying for a week.

Oh, and I forgot to take pictures of inside of the tailer. Now that we are parked for a few days, it should be easier to find time to do so.

No comments: