Sunday, June 4, 2017

{DIY} Chalk Painted Jars

I've been working on giving our bedroom a facelift for a couple of months now. In addition to painting the walls, as well as painting and building furniture, my latest project has been giving a couple of jars some Chalk Paint love to add a pop of color to the room.

I learned a few things.
First, to select jars with writing that is not worn away. It is impossible to distress them properly otherwise. 
I also tried to put some wax overtop that had come with some chalk paint I used previously, and it changed the color slightly (which you can see on some of the jars).
Oh, and I just looked at the tutorial again and realized that I didn't destress the rim at all. Oops. I'll be doing that yet. :)

Obviously these aren't perfect... and could use a do-over. But it was fun. Nuff said.


How to Paint and Distress Mason Jars Tutorial - {Here}














3 comments: