Wednesday, November 5, 2014

On Route 66

We found out yesterday that the fourth largest Air Museum in the United States was in Liberal, Kansas (which was the city we spent the night at). 
So after breakfast, we went and spent our morning there.













We got our math skills tested as our tour guide taught us about navigation.






















After our morning adventure, it was back to the highway and continued travels.


Through Texas and then on to New Mexico we traveled.
I. Love. New Mexico. I have read a lot about this state in books and I always had a picture in my mind of what it would be like. There was no disappointment, it is far more beautiful the I could have imagined!
Ravines, cliffs, rivers and miles upon miles of uninhabited land.
I literally could not take my eyes off of the view.
#picturescouldnotdojustice





We stopped in Santa Rosa at an RV park for the night, right along Route 66.
Ker and I took a little stroll before it got dark, and took a few pictures.














Right now we are all cozied up in the camper watching "dolphin tale".
We are in a different time zone now, so we gained an extra hour. The kids are happy about it as they get to stay up a bit longer tonight :)
Good night from New Mexico!


2 comments:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

These are beautiful pictures Jen! New Mexico looks gorgeous! Glad you guys are having a great time, love you all!!

Bethany Carson said...

Oh wow! That museum looks like a place I would *love* to visit! There are so many neat-looking planes! I thoroughly enjoyed your photos!