Monday, April 28, 2014

Raindrops

I step through the back door and breathe deep. The air is filled with the fragrence of falling rain, I can taste the freshness.
I huddle inside my jacket in an attempt to keep myself dry as I walk down the rain soaked gravel road.
"Is it just me, or is the sound of millions of raindrops splashing truly among the most beautiful of sounds in all the earth?" I thought to myself, now deeply engulfed in blissful serenity.
I pass children as I continue on, each enjoying this phenomina of nature in their own way. One is holding out his hand and watching the raindrops splatter on it, not even paying attention to where he is going. The other is stomping through the puddles, pretending that he is Winnie the Pooh.
Laughter now mixes in with all the other delicate sounds.

I reach my destination, but turn to pause before entering.
I heard in yesterday's sermon that all of creation is God's artwork, and that all artwork visually reflects the artist.
A glimpse of God, I knew this to be true as I soaked in his sights, smells, sounds a short time longer before opening the door, and slipping inside.

Outside the sky continues to fall, showcasing God's glorious beauty.
Raindrops.

No comments: