Sunday, June 21, 2015

Daddy's Day

Father's Day.
My Dad is amazing. And I am not just saying that because today is the day that you say nice things about your dad, I truly mean it. I have the best one.


Anyone that knows him can say that he is generous. He is always looking out for his family, for other people, doing the right thing even though it may not be the easy thing.
He has taught me to always try to be better then who I am. To do those things that seem impossible, and to never say "I can't".


One of the things that he said to me that will always stick with me was when we were playing hockey one day, and I told him that I just wasn't good at doing something, and that no matter how hard I tried I would never be able to get it because I wasn't wired to do it. He said to me "Jen, they say that everyone can sing. With enough practice and the right training, you can learn to do anything that you set your mind to."


Dad is someone in my life that I know will always have my back. If I fail, he will always cheer for me, and applaud my efforts, yet he will always encourage me to try harder the next time. "Just do your best, that is all I ask of you." is what he often says.


I learn so much from him by watching him trust His God. He has this calm about him that I know can only come from a knowing that God is in control. I smile to remember those times when there is a severe thunderstorm in the middle of the night, and I come upstairs to see his shadow near the window in the flashes of lightening and to hear him praying for safety for his crops and his family.


All in all, my daddy is great.
And I love him so much.
Happy Father's Day Pops!!

Here is a little video that Ker and the kids made for Father's Day this year.

1 comment:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

Great job on the movie Ker Ker! I too like to pick stinking medals. :)